Matt,

> We've just done an install of a golden image of SLES9 almost completely
> by the "From LPAR to Virtual Servers in Two Days" book.
Cool, good to hear.

> If we start getting rid of these RPMs in an attempt to make the
> golden image as lean as possible, will this break stuff we may need
later?
The neat thing about cloning is that you can afford to experiment. So try
--erasing RPMs on the golden image you think you don't need, clone an
image and test for a while (very often just trying to --erase some RPMs
show interdependencies).  If you find some RPMs are missing you can
upgrade the golden image, reclone and test again. Repeat until you find
the right set of RPMs.

"Mike MacIsaac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   (845) 433-7061