From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Matt Gourley
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2005 9:10 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: RPMs to keep/purge after installation

Well, I did spend some time getting rid of a bunch of RPMs on the golden
image yesterday.  Unfortunately for me, one or more of the RPMs I nuked
were necessary for the network configuration (qeth).  The golden image
boots, but cannot connect to the network.  Luckily, we had already setup
our controller per the book, and I can copy any RPM from the source tree
(/nfs) to the golden image (/sles9golden), reboot the golden image, and
re-install the rpm.  I've already done this for the vlan RPM, but the
golden image still will not come up on the network.  Short of listing
every RPM I purged, can anyone out there tell me what RPMs are necessary
for qeth to run?  Or is there further configuration I need to do on my
golden image?  (Oh boy, a chance to work on my ed(1) skills!  :-) )

Matt Gourley
Systems Administrator
Pennsylvania State University
Administrative Information Services - Infrastructure/Sysarc
Rm 25 Shields Bldg., University Park, PA 16802
(814) 865-8726
[EMAIL PROTECTED]