From: Perry, Melissa
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 1:12 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: LVM DISK PROBLEM!!

Got myself in a bind trying to remove of a volume that belongs to LVM (
I wanted to redo the whole LVM thing)...I did an unmount and then an
lvremove of the disk...I then tried to to a vgcreate and it said that
the name still existed.  I then went into /dev/... and deleted the entry
for the volume group.

When I try to do the pvcreate or a vgremove, I get the following error

ERROR:  VGDA in kernel and lvmtab are NOT consistent; please run vgscan

I have run this to no avail.

HELP!!!!!!

I am VERY VERY new to all of this...I am a Z/os person!