Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU> írta 2005.06.27 18:22:00
időpontban:

> lsmod does confirm that it's loaded.  ifconfig -a, on the other hand,
> still doesn't list anything.  If I try to manually bring the interface
> up by 'ifup qeth-bus-ccw-0.0.0700' I get "Interface is not available."
>
> -Matt

What is in your /proc/qeth (after loading the module)?

Do you have 'alias eth0 qeth' in your modules.conf (RHEL: modprobe.conf)?

I don't know what kind of distribution do you use, but if you have kernel
version 2.4 you have to write module parameters
(subchannels,portname..)into /etc/chandev.conf, 2.6 needs proper interface
init scripts..

István