Martin Peschke3 wrote:
> Michael,
>
> first of all: no need to worry.
>
> This message indicates a data underrun, which is quite normal to occur time
> and again. A data underrun is not necessarily a problem - but failing to
> deal with it appropriately would be.

Thank you very much, Martin. After fighting with IBM support for a week
to get this problem sent to someone who could answer it, I was finally
forwarded to a level three tech who informed me that it wasn't a
problem. He could not explain the behavior differences between the
module versions, though, and was quite pessimistic about the probability
that you guys would actually address this issue. It's quite refreshing
to get a quick answer without having to shoot past the level two
"goalies" who will use any excuse to disavow responsibility and drop my
support requests. I'm told that z/OS and z/VM support is much better. I
hope that it is. In my experiences, this list is an infinitely better
resource for solving mainframe linux problems....and it doesn't cost
thousands of dollars a year.

Kudos to the community here, you certainly do beat the hell out of IBM's
mainframe linux support.
/rant

Michael Lambert
Louisiana State University