On Jul 27, 2005, at 8:57 PM, Ranga Nathan wrote:

Yes.  I am seeing some strange corruptions. Is it anything to do with
minidisk caching?

Doubtful.

I've had reiserfs corruption before, but it did manifest itself as a
kernel panic.

Um, you're not trying to share the disk between multiple Linux
images, are you?  If you are, it has to be read-only to ALL of them,
not just all-but-one.

I would also try a clean shutdown followed by a DDR to make sure the
disk isn't bad, and then booting into single-user mode and running
fsck on the filesystem and seeing if fsck finds anything wrong.

Adam