The only time I have seen this is when I tried to access network shares
and used different userids and passwords.  If you're not doing that,
then I would make sure your Win2K system is completely up to date, or
try a Windows XP system.

From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Jon Brock
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 2:57 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Samba - multiple connections from a Windows box

        We are running Samba 3.0.9-1.3E.3 on a RedHat (RHEL 3.4) system.
I have created a bunch (that's a technical term) of shares, and I want
to be able to connect to them from my Windows 2000 system so that I can
make sure everything is hunky-dory.  I will also want to be able to
connect to them from a Citrix environment, which will also run on some
flavor of Windows.
        Currently, I am running into a problem when I try to map more
than one connection at a time; any further connection attempts are
rejected with these messages:
        "The network folder specified is currently mapped using a
different user name and password.  To connect using a different user
name and password, first disconnect any existing mappings to this
network share."
        "The mapped network drive could not be created because the
following error has occurred: The credentials supplied conflict with an
existing set of credentials."

        I can get three connections active at once by specifying the
address in three different ways; i.e., "\\machine.ghs.org\share1 and
\\machine\share2 and \\10.10.1.107\share3 .  For any more connections
than that, I have to delete an existing connection.
        This is a pain in the keister.  Worse, I am wondering if it
might cause problems with our Citrix access plans.  From what little I
can find out, this seems to be a Windows NT issue.  Does anyone know if
there is a way around it?

Thanks,
Jon