Hi,

   I've been using /usr/lib/YaST2/bin/YaST2.firstboot from a VNC session after
cloning SLES9 images.  I build a master SLES9 image, apply service and any
generic packages, then I shutdown the image and clone.  When I bring up a
clone, it has the original hostname and IP address of the master.  These get
changed when I use firstboot from a VNC session.  A subsequent reboot, and
I'm ready to do another clone.

   I also use /usr/lib.YaST2/bin/YaST2.firstboot2 after I reboot the clone,
but I haven't verified if it is really needed.

   Using firstboot lets me use a supported mechanism for changing all the
values for a clone, without the guesswork.

Cheers,
Arty