The IBM Redbook "z/VM and LINUX on zSeries - From LPAR to Virtual Servers in
Two days" in Chapter 5.2 "Setting up an SLES9 Install Tree" states that "We
recommend that you follow the rule of thumb to use a 31-bit distribution
unless you know why you need a 64-bit distribution." with no further
explanation as to why. Does anyone have any comments as to which
distribution is the preferred and why (stability, performance)? We are
running under z/VM V5.1 on a Z900 so we are capable of running the 64-bit
distribution. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Craig Loubser

Winn-Dixie Technical Systems Department