On 10/7/05, Martin Schwidefsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 2) Be prepared for criticism, sometimes it is very harsh. We had an
> example of one of the extremes how "bad news" is delivered. Even if you
> don't like the style you need to listen to what is said. These people,
> tend to be right in what they say. Unfortunatly not in the how...

In my sheltered life I am only exposed to the criticism from those in
Boeblingen who still talk to me ;-)   When I was forced to prototype
the 2GB I/O bypass myself to prove that I was right, the comments on
my code did not appear helpful at that time. Looking back, the
comments from Carsten was not the reason I had to do the work again.
The reason was that during the first attempt I had no clear view on
the finish and the path I followed was curved. Doing it again is
easier.

I am sure the solution provided by the folks in Boeblingen did not use
anything from my work. That's good because Martin c.s. need to sign
off with their blue blood and they probably did not trust I did this
myself. :-) But I had a good day being proud of myself, and still
believe I made a difference in getting something out in the field.

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij                  rvdheij @ gmail.com