On Gwe, 2005-10-07 at 11:17 -0400, David Boyes wrote:
> job safe is a problem. Being the "only" pipe into the arch/s390 and
> arch/s390x trees is eventually going to be a problem in terms of succession
> and workload. As he *is* the only gatekeeper for this architecture, this
> seems like something that we -- as a whole community -- should address as a
> whole.

He isn't the sole path. If there is stuff he can't/won't touch for IBM
reasons then send it to Andrew Morton and explain the political
situation so that he understands why the IBM people cannot decide to
approve it.

And ultimately if IBM cannot maintain arch/s390 and arch/s390x maybe
they should hand top level maintenance of it onto someone who can, so
that it becomes an S/390 expert who is the shortcut path around IBM not
Andrew Morton.

Alan