I have a problem with network communication.

SLES9 for S/390 (64-bit) in an LPAR > (no VM) using a shared IFL I have one
other LPAR running SLES9 64-bit

I ran uname -a which shows:
Linux techlnux 2.6.5-7.201-s390x #1 SMP Thu Aug 25 06:20:45 UTC 2005 s390x
s390x s390x GNU/Linux

I ran netstat -rn and it returned nothing only the column headings.

I tried to ping the IP address of my system and it responded.  I also
successfully pinged the gateway IP 10.128.24.1.  But I could not ping
10.128.26.1 or any other address.

I ran "route add default gw 10.128.24.1" which re-established connectivity
with the outside world.  Just like I never lost communications.

I searched the log files looking for a message but I didn't see anything.
Does anyone have a suggestion where I might find a message showing why
connectivity was suddenly dropped?