Hi,

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 09:21:54PM -0600, Jay Maynard wrote:
> The long-awaited Hercules version 3.03 is now available for download.
>
> The SMP host integrity fixes in this version now allow reliable, accurate
> emulation of SMP systems on SMP x86 and AMD64 hosts. At present, SMP Mac OS
> X hosts do not have the facilities needed to take advantage of this
> enhancement; thus, emulation of SMP systems on Macs is discouraged.

I am little slow on waking up, but does above or something else mean
that it would be now safe to run with NTPL? I've vigorously used
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 with my instances up till today since NTPL came
along and was causing problems.

Another, maybe funny thing, is that i've ran hercules under SMP w/
emulated SMP past some 18 months and it has never been an issue for me.
Ever since i bought my first dual-opteron.

PS. The provided .src.rpm is _still_ broken for x86-64. One just can't
assume things like /usr/lib being _libdir .....

--
Pasi Pirhonen - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://iki.fi/upi/