On 2/2/06, Jose Raul Baron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1.- Where can I get such packages (I mean the real exact packages, not just
> similar ones)
> 2.- How is it possible that such packages needed for a distribution
> component are not available in the CD installation media ???????

Have you set up the distribution material in the proper way to let YaST find it?
If you install a package by hand you will have to resolve the
dependencies your self manually as well. In this case, apparently
install device-mapper as I already suggested. It might be easier for
you to let YaST look for the dependencies and issue 'yast -i lvm2'  or
whatever you want to do.

>From what I can see the device-mapper package is even on the same CD
image as the lvm2 (both on CD1 of SP3) so I fail to see the reason for
your concern.

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij                  rvdheij @ gmail.com