From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Alan Altmark
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 10:45 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: NFS hangs

On Tuesday, 02/14/2006 at 11:37 EST, Neale Ferguson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Some questions:
> - What other changes have taken place on the VM system?
> - How big are the virtual machines?
> - Do other commands on the affected Linux guests respond quickly (what
> about on the NFS server(s))?
> - How much storage does your VM system have?
> - What are the SRM settings for your VM system? (Q SRM from an
> apporpriately privileged user)
> - What does #CP IND Q report when the hang is happening?
> - Do you have a performance tool on your system?

And does #CP QUERY NIC DETAILS on the NFS server and client guests show
TX/RX packet counts going up consistently?  Compared with ifconfig on
the
guests?  I.e., is data actually moving?

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott

intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be
legally privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank you.