LPAR mode running SuSE Linux SLES S/390 Version 7.2.0-0 (Kernel 2.4.7)

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Robert J Brenneman
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 5:13 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: New DASD

If you are running in lpar, then yes, you're in trouble.

No - not really. But you do have to change the addresses that the dasd
driver will bring online before you shutdown the old and IPL from the
new
DASD. How to do this depends on what distro youre running. If you tell
the
list, I'm sure someone will post a more specific answer on what changes
make and where.

If you are running under VM, then VM can hide the address changes from
Linux
for a while ( or forever if you really want ) so that you can change
them
whenever you get around to it. You can attach the real devices as
whatever
virtual device number you want in the directory.

On 3/8/06, Kittendorf, Craig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> We're about to move our DASD to new Shark.  Linux/390 is currently on
> addresses 0FAA and 0FAB.  The new device addresses on the Shark will
be
> 7949 and 794A.
>
> Will Linus/390 automagically recognize these new devices?  Or am I in
> deep trouble?
>
> Thanks,
>      Craig

> send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390
or
> visit

Jay Brenneman