I doubt it's case-mangling, z/OS USS is pretty good on that account -
however, I suppose it is possible that directory searching may be
returning EBCDIC names for things, and therefore they can't be found.

The files that I DO see being transferred all have symbolic links in the
top-level directory. I don't know why file names would work and not
directories, I'm looking further.

Tim Hare
Senior Systems Programmer
Florida Department of Transportation
(850) 414-4209

"Hall, Ken (GTI)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
04/03/2006 03:29 PM
Please respond to
Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Checking with the experts...

FTP clients and servers are supposed to handle this transparently.  If you
send in ASCII or "text" mode, the proper end-of-line protocol should be
automatically used on the receiving system.  In binary mode, of course,
you're on your own.  RPM packages should obviously always be sent in
binary mode.  I don't think the install transfers any files that need to
be sent in ASCII mode (although I could be wrong).

More likely, the problem with the install is the same as it is for
Windows-based ftp servers:  Inconsistent file name case mangling.

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the
sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain
or redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to
this e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/