In VM and I think VSE you have to use 3 cuu's for each access point (ip
addr.) on an OSA.  I would assume zOS is the same.  The same rules apply
for hipersockets.
You need 3 cuu's for each access point.  Access point may not be the
proper term, but the end result is you use 3 cuu's for the tcpip addr.
Therefore, by using
that ip addr. you control what path is chosen to access the data (or
whatever) where ever it's at.
We set up an IFL (running VM running Linux running UDB).  We used both
hipersockets and OSA port to get to the data on Linux.  We used the OSA
for pc applications
that wanted data from UDB.  We used the hipersockets for applications that
ran on our VM production to talk to the UDB on Linux.
It worked fine, we didn't have any problems.  I guess the only caveat is
to make sure that the hipersockets buffer size is large enough for what
you want to do.
Ours were set at the default size,  8k or 16k, and we could have benefited
from a larger buffer.

Steve G.

Fuhrmann Anna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>