OK, I went back to the device drivers book only.  (Same steps as the
SHARE presentation)..  I do have a layer3 QDIO guest LAN..

For a router or the Hipersocket Network Concentrator thhe book says to
issue the following to the hipersocket device:
echo primary_connector > /sys/bus/ccwgroup/drivers/qeth/0.0.a1c0/route4
I do and I get (on the 3270 console):
qeth: Error (0xe012) while setting routing type on hsi0. Type set to 'no
router'

The book also says to issue the following to the OSA (the QDIO guest LAN
in my setup):
echo multicast_router > /sys/bus/ccwgroup/drivers/qeth/0.0.a1c4/route4
and I get:
qeth: Error (0xe012) while setting routing type on hsi0. Type set to 'no
router'

In trying other things, the hsi0 won't accept primary or secondary
router or connector, but it will accept multicast_router.  And the eth1
guest LAN interface will accept primary_router.  But that's backwards
from what the book asks for...

But still can't ping across the router, the same after the start_hsnc.sh

Any further thoughts?   Has anyone sucessfully done something similar,
or even the Hipersocket Network Concentrator (since the qeth driver
won't take the commands from the book)?

Thanks,
Lee

Alan Altmark wrote:
On Tuesday, 04/11/2006 at 05:44 CST, Lee Stewart