On Friday, 04/14/2006 at 12:11 CST, Lee Stewart
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> OK, I went back to the device drivers book only.  (Same steps as the
> SHARE presentation)..  I do have a layer3 QDIO guest LAN..
>
> For a router or the Hipersocket Network Concentrator thhe book says to
> issue the following to the hipersocket device:
> echo primary_connector > /sys/bus/ccwgroup/drivers/qeth/0.0.a1c0/route4
> I do and I get (on the 3270 console):
> qeth: Error (0xe012) while setting routing type on hsi0. Type set to 'no
> router'

Perhaps your microcode is not up to date?  I don't know what the hardware
requirements are for this to work.

> The book also says to issue the following to the OSA (the QDIO guest LAN
> in my setup):
> echo multicast_router > /sys/bus/ccwgroup/drivers/qeth/0.0.a1c4/route4
> and I get:
> qeth: Error (0xe012) while setting routing type on hsi0. Type set to 'no
> router'

This is strange.  You have 0xa1c4 as the OSA and 0xa1c0 as the
HiperSocket, yet Linux is reporting an error with hsi0, not eth1.  You
sure eth1 is really 0xa1c4?

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott