Hi List,
I simply don't know how to figure it out.

Two partitions (z/os and RHEL4) involved. want to communicate.

One interface is OSA Express, working fine, VIPA- and
omproute-configured.

The other one should be hipersocket, no need for VIPA and for dynamic
routing, as far as I see.

What I don't quite see at the moment: how do I *prevent* the z/os- LPAR
from choosing the "usual" way
(of being routed): is it by defining a static route for the hipersocket
interface in the Profile-dataset? BSDROUTINGPARMS or BEGINROUTES or
whatever?

AND: how and where do I do the corresponding thing for the Linux LPAR?

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-hsi0 is defined as follows - and I
don't know if
these definitions are correct especially as to if it is correct when
HWADDR is empty.

DEVICE=hsi0
HWADDR=00:00:00:00:00:00
BOOTPROTO=static