On 05/05/2006, at 5:53am, Fargusson.Alan wrote:

A long time ago I read that they did TCO studies, and found it less
costly to buy lots of low cost hardware over buying fewer high cost
systems.

"A long time ago" is the point.  When I read similar, the server
count was around 8000 -- it would seem that they've grown
considerably beyond that now.  I doubt they've updated their TCO
analysis accordingly...  :)

Cheers,
Vic Cross