I use Regina to link/mount my rpm/iso disks and unmount/detach them when
I'm done.
It seems to work fine, but it is rather very low utilization (a flurry
of activity for a couple days every 3-6 months or so), but I don't know
if it would break under heavier utilization.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 5/9/2006 6:24 PM >>>
Even for disks with rpm packages this is not very practical. We played
with automount in the past and could get it to link the disk
automagically when needed, and unmount after that, but we could not
make it detach the disk when it was done. I suppose one could write
some background process to check for stale links and detach them. With
such a scheme it might work for rarely needed disks - if it's in use
you wait for a few minutes and try again.

Don't know how NFS does this right.
--
Rob van der Heij
Velocity Software, Inc

send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390
or visit