Thomas David Rivers wrote:
> 1 - A mainframe CPU is about as fast as a PIII
(snip)
> Now - how do we break-down the arguments and address them?

My personal favorite measure to address it is:
- I get annoyed when compiling a linux kernel for my good old PIII laptop
computer at home, because I can go shopping and return without the kernel build
being finished
- I get annoyed when compiling a linux kernel on my z9 Lpar at work, because I
can't even get a coffee before the kernel build is complete

conclusion: Mainframes can be as annoying as PIII's ;-)

cheers,
Carsten