Ya, unfortunately I guess, that's what I've got.
        boot.sysctl             No      B

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Dell Harris
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:22 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Question about sysctl.conf

Bring up YaST2 -> System -> Runlevel Editor....Click on expert mode.
Scroll down to boot.sysctl and ensure that the 'B' box is checked.

>>> "Meanor, Tim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 05/23/06 9:13 AM >>>
What makes you think sysctl.conf isn't being read at boot time?  It
should be.  I don't have a SLES system in front of me, but on Red Hat,
the /etc/rc.sysinit script applies the settings in sysctl.conf to the
running kernel.  SLES probably has a similar init script.