From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
James Melin
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 2:07 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Looking for some 'alternatives'

Hey Gang.

I am being 'blessed' with Microsfot Frontpage 2003 to use to do HTML
stuff. (Officially Sanctioned tool here) I have to publish it to both a
Linux instance and a z/OS image. The Linux instance will eventually live
on an intel VM thing. Anyway....

The thing is, I can't get the blasted thing to publish via FTP to z/OS -
it's trying to use the ftp:// web browser protocol instead of a real FTP
session. if I tell it to try ftp://[EMAIL PROTECTED]/path it fails to
detect the already created folder and then bitches about it cant find a
server at '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'. The fact that it is not seeing a folder
that should be there tells me it never gets to the HFS and is not
handling an internal error correctly.

I have not yet tried to get it to talk to Linux but that looks like at
the very least it's going to require Frontpage extensions or WebDav.
Neither of which I think will fly.

Way back in the day, I used FP 98 (again that's what was sanctioned,
regardless of how lousy a product it is) back in the day, and that
invoked a real FTP conversation irrespective of there being a web server
involved. Is there any way to get FP 2003 to just DO what I want it to
do? If not, is there an open source publishing solution I can run on
Linux on intel?

Thanks

-J

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
visit http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390