Ihno Krumreich wrote:
On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 10:22:38AM -0400, Michael MacIsaac wrote:

Also, what might be the complications for mksles9root when dealing with

a DVD Image?
No complications, no script needed!

It was good news to hear that SuSE has a DVD ISO image for SLES10.  Having
one should allow you to mount the ISO image loopback, point to it and
install.  There should not be a need for *any* directory structure.

There is no need.

If you take the CDs just copy or loopback mount them to CD1 to CD4
and install.

I didn't think it quite that simple, but SUSE has a script (bare and as
an rpm) that one can use to create a DVD-sized image from CDs.

As for size, I'm not sure there _is_ a size limit, except when you want
to burn it. Neither does one have to use and ISO filesystem, EXT2 on CD
is perfectly fine, it's just ro.

--

Cheers
John