Ar Llu, 2006-08-21 am 12:28 -0400, ysgrifennodd Ray Mansell:
> Thank you both for the responses, but this isn't quite what I'm after. I
> really do need a CP instruction trace of a given program running in
> Linux, and as far as I can tell, neither gdb nor ptrace will give me this.

They won't. Linux is designed to stand alone so debugging is done within
Linux (even for kernel tracing with kprobes, systemtap). Its difficult
to see how else you would do it as user space code changes mappings
regularly so you'd note have enough information below Linux to track
much

Alan