Hannes,
I'm confused that SLES 9 added a parameter, multipath=, to switch "off
multipathing in the initrd, ie for the root fs"

but Novell says specifically for SLES 9 that "Currently, DM MPIO is not
available for either the root or the boot partition, as the boot loader does
not know how to handle MPIO."   (see
http://support.novell.com/techcenter/sdb/en/2005/04/sles_multipathing.html )

Puzzles me since my experience is coding the multipath= kernel parm on SLES 9
zSeries doesn't suppress, enable, or affect multipathing with multipath-tools.
Can you be more detailed about the intent of the multipath= parm?  Or point me
to some documentation that explains use of this new feature?

danke

This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or
otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you
received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it
to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its
attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete
the e-mail from your system.