From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Charlie Crochet
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 12:12 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Service Pack Display

Mace,

I had the same results as you several months ago after using YAST to
apply online updates up through SP3.  YAST did not automatically select
all of our packages.  Here's how I was able to get clean results from
the SPident command.

1.  SPident -vvv (like Dominic stated)
2.  Note the packages that have the - (minus sign) next to them.  These
are the conflicting packages.
packages with the + (plus sign).
4.  Continue with the update process of the selected packages.
5.  Run the SPident again and hopefully you'll see the following:
CONCLUSION: System is up-to-date!
  found    SLES-9-s390x-SP3 + "online updates"

Charlie

>>> LJ Mace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 9/20/2006 9:36 AM >>>
I tried the command and got:
found    SLES-9-s390-SP1 + "online updates"
  expected SLES-9-s390-SP3

l2xxxx1:/opt/scripts # uname -a
Linux l2xxxxx1 2.6.5-7.276-s390 #1 SMP Mon Jul 24
10:45:31 UTC 2006 s390 s390 s390 GNU/Linux

What does it mean expected? I thought we were at sp3??

thanks
Mace

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
visit http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390