On Sep 20, 2006, at 4:54 PM, Rich Smrcina wrote:

Sadly no :(

The impression that I get is that even though the driver code is open
sourced (for Linux), there is enough of the function still proprietary
to prevent Fundamental from making anything useful from it.  I keep
asking about it and hope is still alive...  :)

That I don't get.  It should be possible to make it at least as
functional as a dedicated OSA-E is to Linux, because there is no
longer a binary blob that gets called, as far as I can tell.  But
Fish said something similar.

Where is my misunderstanding of the problem?  Surely, if we know what
the S/390 or zSeries system does when it wants to put a packet on the
network via the OSA, and if we know what packet ultimately ends up on
the wire, then the rest is a simple matter of programming, right?
Obviously there's some tricky bit I'm missing here, but I don't see
what it is.  Someone, please enlighten me.

Adam