if you want to move 111g an hour, that's 30mb/second.
I don't remember how many disks you had striped, but
i would very much want to look at the disk subsystem
and the cache statistics. If writing data to a disk
subsystem, things get slow once the write cache is full
and the disks stop keeping up.

>On Friday, 09/22/2006 at 02:24 EST, Marcy Cortes
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> We've got to copy data off a snap server to a Linux guest.  Running on
>> VSWITCH under z/VM 5.2 (faster than guest lan - we tried that too) with
>> the server located very close on the network, we are getting about 4G an
>> hour and need to copy 111G.  Not good!
>
>> Any suggestions?
>
>Try upping the SHARE of the controller virtual machine(s).  The VSWITCH
>"gears" turn under the auspices of the active controller's userid (VMDBK).
> That is, it competes for CPU resources just like everyone else, so make
>sure it has a share that is larger than the virtual machines it serves.

"If you can't measure it, I'm Just NOT interested!"(tm)

Barton Robinson - CBW     Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Velocity Software, Inc    Mailing Address:
 196-D Castro Street       P.O. Box 390640
 Mountain View, CA 94041   Mountain View, CA 94039-0640

VM Performance Hotline:   650-964-8867
Fax: 650-964-9012         Web Page:  WWW.VELOCITY-SOFTWARE.COM