David Boyes wrote:
A 2741 attached view a 270{1,2,3{ (I'd need to drag out tbe books to
rememebr which one) would probably do it.

You still didn't get the input at the host until the user pressed

Enter,

Ah, I didn't know that. It was more a device I saw rather than used.

Yeah, only the FEP ever saw the individual keystrokes, even with the
start/stop devices. After hitting enter, the FEP sent a XOFF while
processing the line to the host, then sent XON and . when it was ready
to go. Still half duplex, and only full lines got sent up.

How did the 2740 work? We had one, it was used as an IMS console, and
while I got to play the with 168s sometimes to run VS/1, IMS wasn't part
of the deal.

What devices were properly connected to byte multiplexor channels? (wh
had printers, cardreaders & punches there, but when I went on a 370x
course the most useful thing I learned was the printers should be on the
block multiplexor channels with the disks).

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait