From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Mike Lovins
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 12:40 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: New DASD

Can someone help me? We are currently going out for bids for new DASD
for our IBM z800 processor that I have Linux running under Z/VM. The
problem that I have is when we receive the new DASD the device addresses
will be different than what I currently have defined to Suse Linux 8.1.
I am not sure were throught out Linux the real device address is
located. I know it resides in /etc/zipl.conf, but Iam not sure were
else.