Evening,

I am trying to install Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1) on SLES9 SP 3 running on an
S/390 LPAR.

I set all the environment variables, per the Install Guide, Setup Tasks
for the Oracle User, and then execute runInstaller.

I receive a message that the Java Environment is being initialized
(IBMJava2-S390-131), with a path that points way down into the bowels of
the unpacked installation files, and Please wait...   It never returns.

I an using redirected ssh (ssh -X ... ) via cygwin on a Win/XP Pro
platform. YaST2 runs just fine (albeit slow), as does xclock.

Any help is appreciated,
Dave

P.S. I resolved my 'Java Not Found' problem.  I was trying to execute
the wrong runInstaller...  (egg on face).

Dave Stuart
Prin. Info. Systems Support Analyst
County of Ventura, CA
805-662-6731