From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
David Stuart
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 4:55 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: SLES 9 SP 3 - Oracle 9i install problem

Cgris,

Could this be due to a mismatch between Java levels?

The version of Java that installed with SLES 9 SP 3 is IBMJava2-1.4.2.

The version that came with Oracle 9i is IBMJava2-1.3.1.

And just a moment ago, java -version worked, from deep in the bowels of
the install directories.  But it returned the version as 1.4.2.  But no
segmentation fault.

Oracle 9i installer still doesn't come up.

Dave

Dave Stuart
Prin. Info. Systems Support Analyst
County of Ventura, CA
805-662-6731
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/6/2006 12:32:35 PM >>>
Segfaults are always (always?  I hate using that word, because I
"always" am shown up) due to accessing uninitialized memory, ie. a bad
pointer.

visit http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
visit http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390

destroy all copies.