From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Alan Altmark
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 10:15 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: LINUX SNA

On Friday, 01/05/2007 at 09:43 CST, "Huegel, Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Good Morning,
>
> I am kind of new to this LINUX stuff and I have a rather basic (I hope)
> question.
>
> I have SLES 9 on my z/VM 5.2 system and I am trying to configure an
OSA-E
> port that will connect to a VTAM system (XCA) but I don't seem to be
able to
> find a menu in LINUX (YAST) to configure that device. What am I missing?

Communications Server for Linux is the way you can get an SNA driver. YAST
only configures your Linux IP connections.  For IP, you can't use an OSE
chpid with SNA microcode.  Use IP passthru or OSD chpids instead, or use
the VSWITCH.

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed VSE-List messages and set aside
VM-List for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  http://www.ellaforspam.com