John,

I vaguely remember this.  One workaround that an enterprising colleague
found was to unmount CD1 and mount CD2 in the same place while the error
message is showing.  Then the upgrade should continue.

The crux of the problem, I believe, was that an identifier in a file was
wrong. I recall there was a way to drill down into the error message, get
the offending value, somehow make the ISO image read/write, find the
correct file and set the value - a lot of work just to get yast to read a
CD. (I like plan A :))

"Mike MacIsaac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   (845) 433-7061