Henry,

If you have access to VM/CMS, you can see railroad track (RRT) diagrams
by typing e.g.

help cp ipl

which will display information about the CP IPL command.

Some reference information can be found at

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/printer/v1r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.printers.ipmwin/com.ibm.printers.ipmref/iprrjmst18.htm

Note that the examples provided by IBM's online books use only -+|<>
characters, making the diagrams somewhat harder to read than if extended
box characters were used.  The original diagrams in the Pascal book used
quarter- and semi-circular joins, making the diagrams more
"railroad-like" than the diagrams in use these days.

J. Leslie Turriff
VM Systems Programmer
University of Central Missouri
Room 400
Ward Edwards Building
Warrensburg MO 64093
660-543-4285
660-580-0523
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> Henry E Schaffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 1/31/2007 1:43:09 PM >>>
  I'm not sure I know what is a "railroad diagram" and don't have the
Pascal book handy (hey, I don't learn every new language which comes
along. :-)

  Are there links to URLs which show/explain these things?
--
--henry schaffer

send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390
or visit