And a little more information is here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jurvetson/376098497/

DJ
Adam Thornton wrote:
On Feb 6, 2007, at 8:12 AM, Dave Jones wrote:

This has nothing to do directly with VM, but I though some folks might
find it interesting....D-Wave Systems Inc.will be unveiling a quantum
computer on Feb. 13. They note "This quantum computer employs the
resources of 65,536 parallel universes to compute answers in a
fundamentally new way." More details here:

http://www.dwavesys.com/

Why do I suddenly get the sinking feeling that all current encryption
algorithms are now obsolete? ;-)

Have a good one.

There was an interesting writeup about that.

1) if they really DO have 16 qubits in the Josephson-Junction system
they're using, that is big news
2) even if they *do* it doesn't give them better than quadratic
speedup on NP-hard problems
3) but if they can get to 1000 qubits by 2010, as they say they can,
that will be *huge* news

Adam