On 2/20/07, Dave Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I was just browsing the session abstracts for the upcoming IBM zExpo in
Munich, Germany when I found this:

L04 Porting OpenSolaris to zSeries: A Long Way Home
(Dr. David Boyes, Sine Nomine Associates)
What was involved in getting Solaris running on zSeries? What does it
take to make a new operating system available on zSeries? Come hear
about the adventures in coding involved in bringing another popular OS
to the zSeries platform.

It appears that working with our favorite hypervisor will soon get even
more exciting and interesting....:-)

DJ

What would be the effort to convert applications from Solaris 10 to OpenSolaris?
I take it this is the same as any other Solaris to Linux conversion
which can be trivial until you hit the OS specific calls.
Would Solaris run without having to switch over to OpenSolaris to run under zVM?