From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Richard Troth
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 8:07 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: What is vnc

Kevin ...

You too might consider an NFS client.  No reason you could not use ISPF
edit against Linux content.  It's your call.

-- R;

"Evans, Kevin R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

03/09/2007 05:04 AM
Please respond to Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

From
"Evans, Kevin R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: What is vnc

I must admit that being predominantly a mainframe user under z/OS, I
also FTP download files to the PC, edit them and FTP upload them again
IF I have a significant amount of rework on some code. Copy/paste and
graphical screens (not fixed 43*80 screens used by ISPF-Edit) are just
more "friendly" than ISPF-Edit on the mainframe. But for normal editing
sessions, I still use ISPF-Edit. I, personally, don't like vi but don't
use it enough to become familiar with it.

Kevin