Allocate logical volumes of the required size for those file systems.

Ayer, Paul W wrote:
Good day,

Back ground;

               Today on non z/Linux systems our install sets a max file
size for / ,  /opt,  /tmp,   /var,    /usr
               this is done at install time by setting the partition
size and then the mount point to that partition.
               The minimum size real hard drive is 36g.

The problem;

              On our z/Linux systems we have decided to go with only
ECKD disks and all mod3's
              This gives us many 2.3g drives.

               If in the install I set say 10  2.3g disks into one lvm
(giving me a 23g drive).
               Setting the Mount point to /

               Is there a way to set a limit size for say /var to only
be able to grow as big as 4.0g
               or /tmp to a max of 2.0g ?

 other:

              If the best answer would be to set our ECKD disk to bigger
than mod3 ( say mod27 or 54 )
              so that the disk could be the right size and not do lvm
any feedback that would support
              that would help

              But if it can be done using lvm that is the way we would
like to go ..

Thanks,

Paul

Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
Phone: 414-491-6001
Ans Service:  360-715-2467
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2007 - Green Bay, WI - May 18-22, 2007