It seems odd ( well not really if you consider that GCC compete with their
own XLC/C++)   that they wouldn't offer it as a courtesy port for Z/OS.
PL/8 on the other hand would probably have to many hardware specific
statements and elements  to be of general use. It does offer us a glimpse
of just where they might be headed. The PERL  port was fairly complete, The
PHP was well done, and I'm still waiting for a Python port. It would be
nice to have Eclipse as an IDE. I would doubt that we see any more than
this on their side.