> We have been able to ping the nfs server from LNXMAINT
OK, good, your z/VM is on the network.

> q vswitch detail
> VSWITCH SYSTEM VSW1 Type: VSWITCH Connected: 1 Maxconn: INFINITE
> PERSISTENT RESTRICTED NONROUTER Accounting: OFF
> VLAN Unaware
> State: Ready
> IPTimeout: 5 QueueStorage: 8
> Portname: UNASSIGNED RDEV: 0604 Controller: DTCVSW1 VDEV: 0604 BACKUP
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Portname: UNASSIGNED RDEV: 0608 Controller: DTCVSW1 VDEV: 0608
So it seems the vswitch got a controller the first time

Then you test a reIPL (better to find this now), and you get:
> "Controller: NONE"

Perhaps the issue is that the controllers were not autologged.  If you
IPLed with the "noautolog" parameter, then the controllers will not come
up.  Assuming you did not specifiy "noautolog", I'd look at AUTOLOG1's
PROFILE EXEC. Be sure it is XAUTOLOGging DTCVSW1 and DTCVSW2.

> We noticed that when the DTCVSW1 starts up we get error message
> "DTCOSD045E OSD device [EMAIL PROTECTED] Error getting XA subchannel id for
> device 600" Then device 600 shuts down.
This confuses me - it seems you use OSA triplet 600-602 for the z/VM
TCP/IP stack, and 604-606 + 608-60A for the VSWITCH. So why would DTCVSW1
(VSWITCH) be trying to use device 600 (VM TCPIP)?  Maybe I'm missing
something but maybe you reversed something.  Look at the DEFINE VSWITCH
statement in SYSTEM CONFIG.

Hope this helps.

"Mike MacIsaac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   (845) 433-7061