On 4/28/07, Mark Post <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

How did we get into a situation where HIPER (which stands for High Impact and
PERvasive) doesn't also mean pervasive?

I suppose some significant customer got bitten because a non-HIPER
APAR also affected them while they thought *they* would only be
affected by HIPER APARs...

The bad news is that many shops have service levels that require
HIPERs to be applied in a shorter time frame after the PTF becomes
available. I hope someone with better access to RETAIN will have done
an estimate on how frequent a PTF for a HIPER is expected to be
published, and how many outages folks will have when they want to
install that within 2 weeks or so...

Rob