Good Morning,

Anyone ever come across this error at boot time.

Before the boot I formatted and added 53 3390 packs and when I tried to
update the /etc/modprobe.conf file, but the / file system was full.

So I could not update that.

Did the reboot thinking that oh well the disks will just go away (as
they will not be added to the start up) and the boot would not work ...

Running RHEL 4.4

Error below;

[/sbin/fsck.ext2 (1) -- /] fsck.ext2 -a /

/:

filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2

is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate
superblock:

    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

   WARNING: Your /etc/fstab does not contain the fsck passno

        field.  I will kludge around things for you, but you

        should fix your /etc/fstab file as soon as you can.

fsck.ext2: Is a directory while trying to open /

[FAILED]

*** An error occurred during the file system check.

*** Dropping you to a shell; the system will reboot

*** when you leave the shell.

*** Warning -- SELinux is active

*** Disabling security enforcement for system recovery.

*** Run 'setenforce 1' to reenable.

Give root password for maintenance

(or type Control-D to continue):

Paul