> running on a Series 1(?)

Shh! I'm trying to forget those beasts ever existed. Anything that cares
in what order you power up the parts is ... traumatic. Bleah.

> Boy, that brought back lots of memories, including two weeks in
Endicott
> working with one of the first 7170's and a digitizer we had shipped
out
> there and back, getting the first shot at making them work together.

The cage enclosures from 7170 serial #s 12 and 18 are sitting in my
living room. They're exactly the right size and height for end tables;
they had nice formica tops and they've got plenty of pre-installed power
outlets with nice cable races...8-). The PCs are long gone, I'm afraid
(although I do still have the boot diskettes).

A 7171 would make a peachy beer fridge. I've always thought that 3380
cabinets would have made wonderful wardrobes (with a few internal
modifications and application of a lot of degreaser). I'd also love to
get my hands on a couple of 8232s. The innards are worthless, but
they're really nice enclosed 19" racks.

Maybe it's just a postmodern decorating sort of day.

-- db