Jones, Russell wrote:
That did the trick. I am now able to use lpr with a CUPS printer.

For my next challenge I am trying to share a cups printer. Samba is
sharing out my printer, and I can install it on my pc, but Windows shows
its status as "Access Denied, Unable to Connect". I am not sure if this
is a CUPS or a Samba problem.

If you've not configured any security in CUPS, it's not CUPS.

In Samba, you need to make it public unless you want security. Try that
first.

--

Cheers
John