I just verified and they are not on the same card.

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Marcy Cortes
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 12:10 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: How to add Layer2 network device to linux guest machine

Are those 2 CHPIDS on the same card?  If so, you can't be layer 2 and
layer
3 on the same card.

Marcy Cortes

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you
are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee,
you
must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message
or
any information herein. If you have received this message in error,
please
advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.
Thank
you for your cooperation."